In this article, we’re going to cover 7 great tips to improve call center performance. From the ingenious to the easily implementable, here’s what you can do to sell more today!
The future of your sales depends on the performance of your call center reps.
And yet, call center agents are increasingly suffering from burnout syndrome. They’re lacking the motivation they need to improve their performance.
Motivate Call Center Reps
Motivation is the key to performance. So if your call center reps need a little pick-me-up, here are a few simple things you can do:
- Use motivational posters. According to Human Resource Management Review, call centers that have motivational posters note a 33% increase in productivity as opposed to barren offices. Let your call center reps choose their motivational posters and quotes to spice up the area and make it feel more comfortable and motivational.
- Avoid multitasking. Opt for one or two tools that will help your call center reps do their jobs, instead of using multiple solutions that cause agents to lose a lot of time switching between tabs.
- Celebrate. If a rep has a birthday, it’s important to celebrate it. You can stage an impromptu party with just a cake, or you can opt for Spinify and celebrate it with the birthday rep’s favorite song. Don’t stop at birthdays either. Celebrate achievements, too.
Reward Your Call Center Reps
A small reward goes a long way.
According to a recent study, 69% of employees stated that they would work harder if they were better recognized.
And since call centers are usually bustling hubs of activity, celebrating and recognizing the effort our reps put in can slip our minds.
The best solution is to standardize the recognition process.
With a tool like Spinify, you can track and visualize reps’ progress.
Call center agents will be able to see their own and their teammates’ progress. The latter is a significant advantage when it comes to motivating more competitive reps. And even if your reps don’t like competition, they’ll love seeing how much they’re contributing to the goal with their own effort.
Whenever agents do something significant, the dashboard will alert them to it, starting off a celebration.
This requires no additional effort from you.
All you have to do is sign up for Spinify, connect it to your office TVs and other devices, and your reps will constantly feel recognized for all the great work they’re doing.
Show Your Reps the Value of Their Work
When call center agents are putting in the work every day and performing routine tasks, they can feel like they’re not contributing to a greater cause.
In short, they may lack a sense of purpose.
This is why some of the best companies give their call center agents a sense of purpose. Their productivity levels skyrocket!
However, in order to remind your agents of their purpose every day, there are a few prerequisites:
- Transparency. Everyone’s results should be accessible.
- Visibility. Every rep’s personal results should be visibly shown as affecting the bigger target.
- Excitement. Ultimately, a rep’s achievement is only important if it’s exciting. The presentation is half the performance improvement.
For example, companies that use Spinify to motivate their call center reps use gamification to make daily responsibilities more entertaining.
The best way to improve your call center performance is through training.
Often, and this is understandable due to the nature of the work, we train call center reps only when they start working.
However, continuous training ensures that your call center reps know:
- How to communicate with prospects
- Details about your products and services
- Technological developments that can help them do their jobs better
While you cannot train your call center reps on every aspect of their jobs, you can find areas for improvement with a little help from sales dashboards like Spinify.
Spinify will alert you to potential performance problems. Then, you can provide additional training before the issues affect your overall results.
Increase Employee Engagement and Retain Top Performers
It’s true: turnover costs companies millions of dollars. And there’s no field in sales that has a higher turnover than call center sales.
Whenever a rep leaves, you have to onboard and train new reps. This alone affects your performance.
When you also consider the fact that the new employee likely won’t get the results the previous rep got, you’ve got yourself a performance problem.
The most sustainable performance solution is retaining top performers.
By increasing their engagement.
After all, if reps perceive their work to be as fun as playing a game (Spinify is completely gamified), they’ll be more likely to engage with their jobs.
And when you also add the competitive component to the process, you’ll have a high-performing team in no time!
Some reps seem like they were born with the knowledge needed to become top performers. However, others need your help to reach the top.
Coaching is one of the most important ways to improve your call center performance.
By recognizing the areas in which a rep excels (and areas in which they do not excel), you’ll be able to craft individual coaching plans.
Now, this usually takes a lot of time.
You’ll even get individualized coaching suggestions you can use to make sure every rep on your team is the best rep there ever was.
Monitor the Right KPIs
Performance data visibility is key.
If you want to ensure that your call center team is producing steady results, you have to track their performance and the activities they complete.
And if you can also use it to motivate them and increase their job engagement levels, it’s a win-win.
Simply set up the gamified sales dashboard, choose the KPIs you want to track and let Spinify handle the rest.
You’ll be turning your entire team into top performers in no time!